About ORDINATEUR’17 :
ORDINATEUR’17 is a one of a kind flagship event organized by IEEE GCET Computer Society Student Chapter under the them “Tech Trend & Innovate”
I have started with Introduction to Mozilla and “Who am I”. Adding to that, I have also shared about Mozilla projects and Rust is one of them. So now, Lets Dive Into Rust!
According to me, Rust is a good choice when you’d choose C++. You can also say, “Rust is a systems programming language that pursuing the trifecta: safe, concurrent, and fast.” I would say, Rust is an ownership-oriented programming language.
Why should I use Rust? I am always expecting this question whenever I talk about Rust and here as well one language enthusiast asked me the same questions.
Firstly, I have shared the reason that I’ve looked into Rust at first and then I have explained and discussed each point with participants.
- Rust is new enough that you can write useful stuff that would have already existed in other languages
- It is low-level enough that you take account of most resources.
- It’s more like C++ and Go, less like Node and Ruby
- cargo is awesome. Managing crates just works as intended, which makes a whole lot of troubles you may have in other languages just vanish with a satisfying poof.
Please read the full story here, this may explain you, why you should use Rust?
Then, we move ahead did some practicals where I have shown them small demos from our Rust Kits
Google Drive (Photos) link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9Vs6T2Sp2LAWV9KLWhPYktPOVU
- I am looking for more such collaboration with such organizations to spread the Mozilla mission & Rust.
- Next series of full-day intense workshop on Rust at G H Patel College of Engineering & Technology with IEEE GCET Computer Society and nearby university campuses.
Hope you enjoyed my blog! 🙂
Also published on Medium.